Titan 440 won’t stop building pressure. Just runs wide open and won’t shut off at right pressure. Any Ideas of what this might be?
Most likely your pressure cut-off switch is defective. Not as common but it happens that somehow your pressure switch has been turned way out of limits and could just need to be tightened down to within specs OR...
The following is a description of the control panel indicators.
Motor Running Indicator,
The pressure indicator shows the current operating pressure of the sprayer. It has three different indications: blinking yellow, solid yellow, and solid green.
Blinking yellow: When the pressure indicator is blinking yellow, the sprayer is operating between 0 and 200 PSI. A blinking yellow pressure indicator means:
• The sprayer is plugged in and turned "ON"
• The sprayer is at priming pressure (little or no pressure)
• It is safe to move the PRIME/SPRAY valve between positions• It is safe to change or replace the spray tip.
NOTE: If the pressure indicator begins blinking yellow when the pressure control knob is set at a higher pressure and the Prime/Spray valve is in the Spray position, either the spray tip is worn or the sprayer is in need of service/repair.
Solid Yellow: When the pressure indicator is solid yellow, the sprayer is operating between 201 and 1900 PSI. A solid yellow pressure indicator means:
• The sprayer is at the proper pressure setting for spraying stain, lacquer, varnish, and multi-colors
• If the pressure indicator goes to solid yellow when the pressure is set so that it starts at solid green, it indicates one of the following:
a.Tip wear Indicator — when spraying with latex
or at high pressure the solid yellow appears.
This means the tip is worn and needs to be
b.Tip Too Large — when a tip that is too large
for the sprayer is putin the gun, the pressure
indicator will turn from solid green to solid
c.Fluid Section wear — if a solid yellow
pressure indicator appears when using a new tip
and the pressure is set at maximum, service may
be required (worn packings, worn piston, stuck
Solid Green: When the pressure indicator is solid green, the sprayer is operating between 1901 and 3300 PSI. A solid green pressure indicator means:
• The sprayer is at the proper pressure setting for spraying oil-based and latex house paints
• The sprayer is operating at peak performance at a high pressure setting.
Motor Running Indicator: The Motor Running indicator is on when the motor is commanded to run. This indicator is used by service centers to troubleshoot motor.
Using the last ppg. about the "Motor Running Indicator"... if it is showing it then it is in the commanded mode to run continually. switch that dude to off command!
Air Tools &...
3 days ago