Chevrolet Cars & Trucks - Popular Questions, Answers, Tips & Manuals
How to programming Chevrolet now ECU 2005 car I change are northern ECU
Reprogramming involves taking the following steps, but there may be car-model-related variations so only do the job for real with the specific EcuTek instruction manual alongside you.
- Connect the vehicle interface cable to the OBD-II connector and turn the ignition switch to ON
- Open the ProECU software and choose Tools then Detect Vehicle
- Select Program Engine ECU
- Choose Query ECU to identify the ECU version fitted to the car
- Select Choose ROM File and pick the relevant modified ROM file to program into the ECU
- Enter the ROM filename or your unique name for the ROM file in the Comments box so that in future you know exactly which ROM is in the ECU
- Ensure that all electrical consumers about the car (such as interior lights, heater blower, stereo etc.) are turned OFF and that mobile phones are kept away from the car
- Choose Program ECU
- After programming the ECU, follow the on-screen instruction to cycle the Ignition
- Start the engine
Chevrolet Cars &...
26 views | 0 helpful votes
1997 chevrolet astro won't stay running.
Would you please write back and elaborate on why your Astro won't stay running? Have you looked under the hood for faulty wiring at the battery or around the engine? Sometimes by looking around you can stumble across defects. Have you tested any systems? I would like to get an idea of what type of advice you are looking for. If you could give me an idea of what you have for tool and experience. I think I could help you better. Has the van had any recent work performed? After the engine is started. How long will the engine run before it stalls? Will it run long enough to reach running temperature? after the engine starts. How does the engine run? Is the idle and acceleration normal? Is the engine light on? Is the security light on?
Chevrolet Cars &...
22 views | 0 helpful votes
My 2005 trailblazer wont turn over and door locks dont work the relay under hood clicks HELP
Your battery is dead. Why it is dead is another investigation. Is it getting charged? If not the alternator could be gone.
Charge the battery, or if it is 6+ years old, replace the battery, charge, and then test.
If it runs ok with a charged battery, but the battery keeps running down, then it is likely the alternator or something in the charging circuit.
OK, now we know you have checked the battery. The door locks not opening and the relay failing to pull up means they are not getting enough juice. So if it's not the battery, then its something else in the electrical system. Because two completely separate systems (locks, starter/relay) are affected, it is something common to both of them. But go ahead and check the fuses anyway. Also check all electrical connections (Battery and other) for corrosion or looseness
46 views | 0 helpful votes
Not finding what you are looking for?