Samsung Refrigerators - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Unable to removed samsung aqua-pure water filter
A lot of different brand refrigerators have similar problems to this. I encountered this stuck filter problem on our Samsung side-by-side fridge that has the filter inside the fridge side and above the top shelf towards the back-right corner. Here is the solution that worked for me...
1. Remove the top glass shelf to give yourself extra working room.
2. Put on some rubber cleaning gloves to be able to get a tight grip.
3. Turn the old filter 1/4-turn to the left... it may take quite a bit of force.
4. Pull-down on the old filter to remove it. If it still will not come out, proceed to the next step.
5. After you turn the old filter 1/4-turn to the left and it stops, then get a good grip, because you will need to turn it an additional 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch. The left-edge of one of the vertical molding lines that run down the Aqua Pure filters should be directly under the centering-mark on your water filter holder.
That extra 1/4-inch counter-clockwise turn always seems to do the trick, and then the filter pulls down and out easily. Good luck!
on May 02, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?