Televison & Video - Popular Questions, Answers, Tips & Manuals

These blinks [flashes] are fault indication (Error Codes). From the number of blinks occur at one time switch ON, you can get an idea about the faulty circuit section inside it. This will make repair easy. These are called blinking codes. Make sure about the exact number of blinking of the standby/power LED, by switching On & OFF the set, for at least two times. Count it carefully. If you wish to get some details, check the site linked here. It has details about blinking codes, and fault locating procedure, to many popular brand TVs and other devices.
Blinking codes details to many popular brand TVs are given. Surf the site with patience. If blinks continue without any pause, the main board is faulty.
Counting of number of blinks to Philips TVs is entirely different to that of other brand TVs. It is not a direct count procedure. The site have details about how to count the number of LED blinks [Fault Codes] to Philips brand TVs are given; along with details of the faulty circuit location.

LG Televison &... | 390 views | 1 helpful votes

Open internal fuse or power supply failure

LG Televison &... | 196 views | 1 helpful votes

You will be needing a Mitsubishi service technician to fix that one.

Mitsubishi... | 140 views | 1 helpful votes

On this model LG TV 3 blink code is bad LED lamps in the panel. New strips can be purchased from shipjimmy

LG Televison &... | 98 views | 0 helpful votes

Hi Brenden, as you say, your TV would have a bad backlight, that is, one or more LEDs are burned
The correct repair is to change all the LEDs
I sent you a link that shows the process of replacing the LED strips in a TLC TV model similar to yours
The necessary tools a good set of screwdrivers, a comfortable and wide work table, Very careful in the handling of the positions of the TV and above all greater care in the process of taking out the LCD Panel
I hope you can solve the problem
Regards Franco Dosil

Hola Brenden, por lo que comentas, tu TV tendria mal la iluminacion trasera, es decir uno o mas LEDs estan quemados
La reparacion correcta es cambiar la totalidad de los LEDs
Te envio un link donde se muestra el proceso de reemplazo de las tiras de LED en un modelo de TV TLC similar al tuyo
Las herramientas necesarias un buen juego de destornilladores, una mesa de trabajo comoda y ancha, Mucho Cuidado en el manejo de las posiciones del TV y por sobre todo mayor cuidado en el proceso de sacado del Panel LCD
Espero 'puedas solucionar el problema
Saludos Franco Dosil

Roku Televison &... | 238 views | 1 helpful votes

check input or source if ok try picture set up

LG Televison &... | 117 views | 0 helpful votes

Open internal fuse or power supply failure

RCA Televison &... | 317 views | 1 helpful votes

Find out whether there is an open internal fuse or the power supply has failed.

LG Televison &... | 101 views | 0 helpful votes

Hi Faustino Gallego, it is very possible that your LG TV has problems in the power supply
Comment on which LG TV model
I wait your answer
Regards Franco Dosil

Hola Faustino Gallego, es muy posible que tu TV LG tenga problemas en la fuente de alimentacion
Comenta que modelo de TV LG
ESpero tu respuesta
Saludos Franco Dosil

LG Televison &... | 102 views | 0 helpful votes

Hi Herbet, I send you two links, so you can download the service manual and the user manual
I hope it helps you
Regards Franco Dosil
Hola Herbet, te envio dos link, para que descargues el manual de servicio y el manual de usuario
Espero te sirva
Saludos Franco Dosil

Televison &... | 220 views | 2 helpful votes

Contact Sharp support directly to order the service manual

Sharp LC-42A66M... | 264 views | 1 helpful votes

Open internal fuse or power supply failure

LG Televison &... | 93 views | 0 helpful votes

After unplugging the tv, hold and press the physical power button on your tv for about 30 seconds, that will drain most of the electricity stored in most of the motherboards components, however some energy will be stored in some capacitors; mainly on the power supply side but eventually they also will be depleted of it as well as time goes by.

to answer your question, it's a low risk repair .

Televison &... | 132 views | 1 helpful votes

go into set up and reset to factory settings

Televison &... | 83 views | 1 helpful votes

Possibly a bad connection on the antenna jack on tv. Does it wiggle at all? TVs have to be made so cheap these days because us consumers buy the cheapest products. The antenna jack or f connector is sometime only held on by the solder that area he's it to the circuit board. When the tv gets move 4 ft and there is a 3 ft coax cable, the f conn solder will break. Sometimes it is easy to resolder if you are a little handy and are qualified to disassemble the tv. Otherwise if you use sat or cable you can bypass this issue by using the hdmi on the receiver to tv and get your local channels thru sat or cable

LG Televison &... | 105 views | 0 helpful votes

Plasma TVs do run hotter than LED TVs. I suggest placing your TV into power saving mode which should reduce the heat.

Panasonic... | 136 views | 1 helpful votes

Under the TV
Right hand side
near front of tv

Hisense... | 100 views | 1 helpful votes

Open internal fuse or power supply failure

Roku Televison &... | 242 views | 1 helpful votes

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

651,543 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76140 Answers


Level 3 Expert

13434 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6029 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides