Healing Hints on "Life Energy and Momentum"
- These are just a few of the daily vitality momentum builders that, if routinely practiced, will yield a huge life energy bank account. There are many others that we will discuss, as well as revisiting these in more detail in future issues.
- Try walking, running, swimming, bicycling, treadmill or some other aerobic activity.Any combination of these should be incorporated into your daily routine at least 3-4 days/week (preferably more). These capacity-expanding sessions should be easy at first and then gradually be increased in intensity. 20 to 30 minutes initially becoming 40-60 minutes as fitness increases.
- Dietary fine-tuning is another important element.It is important to consume abundant servings of fresh fruits and vegetables each day (organic when possible). Minimize processed foods (including white sugar and white flour). Avoid all hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. Avoid all foods with MSG and Aspartame (NutraSweet), as they are central nervous system excitotoxins.
- Drink more pure water and less coffee, sodas, and other sugar and caffeine-rich fluids.Reduce alcohol consumption. Newer research is touting the benefits of all types of tea, black and green. Beware of those with excessive sugar. Making your own at home with pure water is best.
- DO NOT SMOKE The cost here is incredible. It is the single greatest cause of preventable *****!
- Sleep 7-8 hours per night with an occasional nap as often as possible. More sleep is necessary going into and emerging from excessively stressful times.
- Acknowledge and release distressing emotions. Receive their message, take any necessary actions and then let go and move forward.Dr. Matthew K. Norton