Toyota Cars & Trucks - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
TOYOTA TAZZ KICK BACK...
It sounds like it is loosing spark somewhere on the ignition circuit. e.g HT leads, distributor cap, one or more spark plugs faulty. The above usually happens when the engine is taking more load than usual, like going up a hill and the r.p.m at about 1500 - 3000.Try it again in a lower gear 1st or 2nd with the motor r.p.m high, about 5000 revolutions per minute.
HOW DO I PROGRAM A REMOTE CONTROL FOR A 1998 TOYOTA CELICA SRX
I found that the 97-99 ST204 Celica uses the same Alpine alarm used by the BMW E23 so I tried the instructions for that and it worked, so if anybody else needs this info here it is
My remote is P/N 08191-00900
1. Close all doors, trunk, and hood.
2. The security system must be in "disarm" mode. The key must be removed from the ignition key slot.
Enter Code-Learning Mode
3. Open the trunk and leave it open.
4. Open the driver's door and sit in the driver's seat.
5. Close the driver's door.
6. Cycle the ignition switch five times between the "off" position and position 2 (ignition "ON", all dash warning lamps will illuminate). The red status LED will illuminate continuously, and the siren will "chirp" once, to indicate that the code-learning mode has been initiated.
DO NOT START THE ENGINE
The ignition switch cycling in step #6 must be performed within ten seconds.
The sequence in steps #1-6 must be performed within 45 seconds.
Registering/Delete ID Code(s)
7. Open driver's door, (remain seated in driver's seat)
8. Close driver's door.
Edit: an extra step is required here for the Celica- cycle the ignition key once more from off to ignition on then back to off
9. Press and release any button on the remote you wish to register into the system. The status LED will shut off momentarily to indicate that one ID code has been registered.
10. Repeat steps 7 through 9 to register the remaining three ID codes.
Exiting Code-Learning Mode
11. Open driver's door, and exit from vehicle, leaving the door opened.
12. Close trunk.
13. Close driver's door. The LED will turn off and the siren will "chirp" twice.
14. The initialization procedure is now completed, test all remotes to confirm operation
2 days ago
Rav4 engine light & auto lsd red blinking lights on
You recently changed the engine air filter and now, the Check Engine light is on and the LS D light flashing. When you opened the filter housing, you inadvertently disconnected a small hose that is connected to the housing. (See photo) This will result in the lights mentioned coming on. Simply reconnect the hose (it can be simply pushed in) and the engine will perform normally. The Check Engine light will still be on though. The error code will need to be cleared using a dongle that connects to the OBD ll connector under the driver side dashboard and an a smartphone app that connects to the dongle through Bluetooth.
2011 Toyota RAV4
on Oct 13, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?